Steve Knowlton Goes the Distance for AutismAid to Break World Record

San Fancisco to New York City for Autism and Aspergers
Associated Press

Hi everyone,
Last year, with inner determination and help from God, I ran Solo 3,717 miles across America,from Seattle to Key Largo. This May I plan on breaking a 32-year-old World Record set in 1980 by Frank Giannino who averaged 67 miles a day for 46 days and 8 hours running across America. I will set the New World Record by averaging over 70 miles a day for 45 days. I need to cover all my bases to make this legitimate. Last year's run was completed without corporate sponsorship and with a limited budget and made possible only by the invaluable help and support from my Parents, merchants in town, Bruce Tilseth of T-shirts and more, Mark Bowles of Edelweiss, Lee Redman of Juice Plus, friends, family and generous people throughout the Country and the World. This May I will begin my Record Run starting in San Francisco, California and head through Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania and finishing in New York City, New York for a total of 3,100 miles. I will be running for Autism Aid to help raise awareness and support for Autism and Aspergers. I want to thank Autism Aid, Theresa Gustafson and Answers for their support in making this effort possible and look forward to a great relationship ahead. http://www.autismaid.org/
I am seeking help in donations and funding to accomplish this task. It could be your efforts, equipment and necessities or financial. My goal is to run from San Francisco to New York City, just a little over 3,100 miles in 45 days. Any help, suggestions and connections would
be greatly appreciated. A Donation Button is provided below for any individual or group interested in contributing to expenses to cover the run. Contact by email: stevedknowlton@hotmail.com or mailing address 14977 Manitou road. Prior Lake, MN 55372

Thank You and God Bless

Sincerely, Steve Knowlton

Steve Knowlton News Stories

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=steven+knowlton+run+news&pbx=1&oq=steven+knowlton+run

STEVE KNOWLTON

When I was an eighth grader my English teacher Mr. Dodge had us do a book report and I decided to write about "Walk Across America", by Peter Jenkins. This awoke in me a spirit of adventure. I ran my first marathon that year and I knew one day I would run across America. In the Fall of 2009 I met Terry Hitchcock who ran from St. Paul to Atlanta during the 1996 Olympic Games. I was very impressed and inspired by Terry. I read his incredible book "A Fathers Odyssey", about single parenthood, the loss of his first wife to cancer and overcoming all odds by running over a marathon a day for 75 days. I knew I had to run across America and do whatever it took to accomplish it.

The following year I ran across this beautiful Country in 2010, from Seattle, Washington to Key Largo, Florida 3,717 miles in 100 days. During one stretch of my run pushing a 80 lb stroller through Wyoming, I ran 45 miles up the Elk Mountain, the next day ran 54 miles to Laramie and another 50 miles to Cheyenne. I have also run 46 marathons and seven ultra marathons many over 50 miles (one was 70 miles the equivalent of over two and a half marathons!). I found my running inspiration when my Dad ran the City of Lakes marathon when I was 12. I thought I should be able to do that, so I ran Grandmas Marathon in 1979 when I was 13 yrs old, the youngest one to finish that year. I credit my Father for getting me into long distance running, he also has run about 40 marathons. I thank my Mother for instilling in me my Spiritual Strength and relationship with God. I remember so many Sunday mornings hoping my parents would sleep in so I could watch the John Gallos Comedy hour, she knew what was important, thanks Mom.

Comments